"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Cup Overflowing, 361-380

One of my favorite sayings, taken from a daily devotional I use entitled Sacred Space, reads: "What is present to me is what has a hold on my becoming."  I'll let you muse about that.  In the meantime, I'll continue to count...

#361  an impromptu visit with my pastor Don Caulley

#362  spending an evening laughing and sharing Christmas with 34 Christ-sisters

#363  a haircut made holy when given the opportunity to speak life to the precious young mother in the chair next to me

#364  for the way God continues to bring Godly, wise and mature men into my sons' lives to mentor and encourage them

#365  the wonderful staff at Perry Presbyterian Church and the men that head us up and hem us in

#366  afternoon tea with friends -- Thank you so much, Carol!!!

#367  finding fresh flowers sitting on my kitchen counter ... and the husband heart behind them

#368  for a trombone player who encouraged me -- and kept me from crying on the spot

#369  the neighbor's leaves falling like rain -- beautiful

#370  a night of music shared with friends


#371  a much needed Friday morning sleep-in

#372  being encouraged by the Word to persevere in prayer

#373  smiles ... "Smile for G-Nan!"

#374  Agnus Dei and God's marvelous mercy

#375  experiencing a childhood friend's grandbaby's baptism

#376  playing with "the band"

#377  busy mornings .. and being allowed to live them

#378  Mrs. Ann's yearly gift of oranges and grapefruits showing up at my front door

#379  the joy of 101.3 Faith FM

#380  while in the midst of baking, taking the time to dance  -- to Jingle Bell Rock

Ordinary moments, each one having hold on my becoming....


No comments: