"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Cup Overflowing, 381-400

As I look back at 2012, no doubt Psalm 71:15 has been my tune.  May it be yours as well in 2013.  "My mouth shall recount Your mighty acts and saving deeds all day long; though I cannot know the number of them."

There are not enough numbers, but still, I attempt to count...

#381  my Christmas cactus's virgin bloom

#382  not too busy to sit -- in this season, what a gift!

#383  for the mercy of God in a friend's son's life -- that the glory of the Lord might be revealed

#384  a Sunday morning cardinal that reminds me to choose joy today

#385  sitting with my husband and parents in morning worship

#386  that Joseph (Mary's husband) would allow his heart and mind to be shaped and changed -- even though he had made up his mind "to put her away privately" -- what integrity!

#387  morning peace

#388  how a young woman who lived over a hundred years ago can still speak volumes to my soul and challenge me to holy living

#389  testimonies from perfect strangers that can't be kept quiet  

#390  Christmas hospitality given (again) through Di and Randy

#391  the deep love that is alive in my heart toward another

#392  sitting in the dark on a quiet Advent Sunday morning

#393  for a pastor whose heart is both tender and sensitive

#394  to hear for the first time the name of Jesus formed on and spoken through my grandson's lips -- Yes, when he ran into the den and saw my nativity, he pointed at the baby and said, "Sheshush!"  Oh, God, may he always live to exalt Your Son's name!

#395  Christmas eve testimonies

#396  rocking and loving on this year's baby -- my great-niece Moriah, to be exact -- and realizing just how appropriate that is on Christmas eve

#397  being soaking wet after a playful bath time with a certain little fellow who found a great thrill in splashing his G-Nan

#398  early Christmas morning peace

#399  that Light came into the world -- and darkness cannot over come it

#400 for the Word made flesh

Just very thankful indeed...





No comments: