"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Cup Overflowing, 401-420

If I have said it once to my piano students, I have said it a thousand times, "You have got to count.  It's the most important thing you can do ... even more so that getting the notes right.  It's what makes the music flow."  And so I continue...

#401  a silent Christmas night and a heart that is very, very full

#402  a day filled with family -- 38 of us 

#403  hearing "I love you" for the first time from my grandson's lips

#404  Christmas morning and four generations around my breakfast room table  Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God (Psalm 90:1-2).

#405  siblings that love and care for each other and enjoy hang time

#406  the color red (In all honesty, the "red" here are the cardinals outside my window every morning, but when I saw this picture ... well it just seemed to fit as well.  Red... I love it.)

#407  the glory of God hidden in an Infant

#408  the glory of God hidden in each of God's children

#409  the morning song of a house finch -- Come, let us sing to the Lord; let us shout for joy to the Rock of our salvation."  Psalm 95:1

#410  the way the wind sounds and the mystery of its origin

#411  and then the sudden stillness of the same

#412  playing in an inflatable 


#413  for friends of long ago that still bring a smile to my face and mind -- Kathy, you will always be the "Big Toe (alto)"

#414  green in December

#415  old home places -- where my great-grandmother lived

#416  landmarks -- I can find Nannie's house (my great-aunt) by looking for the windmill

#417  "grace upon grace" ... an abundance of blessing, a cascade of goodness.  This is what God desires for me.  I ask that I not be content with less

#418  learning to discern and recognize the song of a particular Carolina Wren who frequents my morning sacred space -- and sings to me

#419  New Year's Eve communion

#420  that God's order provides for new beginnings

My cup overflows...

No comments: