"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Cup Overflowing, 341-360

Enter with the password: "Thank you!"  
Psalm 100:4 -- The Message

#341  the sound of rain after a season of drought

#342  the way steam escapes from the spout of a hot pot of chocolate chai tea

#343  a good night's sleep after a day of labor and exercise

#344  15 minutes on the phone with a friend ... and just being who we are to each other

#345  the way God calls me out on a bad attitude

#346  that "thankful" overrides "grumpy" every time

#347  that God shows no partiality -- but that "anyone who fears Him and does what is right is acceptable to Him" (Acts 10:35)

#348  full moons and foggy mornings

#349  the 100th Psalm

#350  being able to stand in faith for a friend who feels she has no hope for a future

#351  the excitement I experience when I'm to see my little fellow

#352  that God, in whose hands are the depths of the earth and the heights of the mountains, has time for me

#353  wide-eyed, open-mouth expressions

#354  turning the last page of Sacred Space 2012 and knowing that I had met God within its pages

#355  Rembrandt's "Woman with a Pink" -- and the profound silence

#356  lighting the first candle of Advent

#357  pathology reports that read "benign"

#358  the way the sun finds its way through the tree branches and brings light and warmth to my sacred space

#359  snuffed candle smoke -- instead of waving it way, allowing it to wrap itself around me

#360  being invited to lunch by my eldest son -- and his paying!

Just ordinary moments, made holy ...

No comments: