"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Cup Overflowing, 321-340

A few weeks ago my son's pastor asked his congregation this question: "If all you had today was what you had thanked God for yesterday, what would you have?"  Boy, did that ever get ME to thinking.  What about you?

#321  carpets of gold

#322  running hot water ... When both elements burned out in my water heater, I realized just how spoiled I am.

#323  Women who pop in and out of my life and that when I hear from them, my whole world lights up.  Thanks, again, Telina!

#324  the ways God rekindles my weary flame

#325  little Indians and their sippy cups

#326  3 pair of cute flats marked down 70% -- in my size!

#327  the gift of pain which alerts to injury --  After 33 years of making caramel icings, I finally spilled boiling sugar and milk on my hand.  The enormous pain caused a quick reaction ...

#328  miraculous protection and healing

#329  for all the fruits of the earth in their season

#330  for the labors of those who harvest them

#331  celebrating Thanksgiving with family
How I love these guys!
#332  family time around a card table

#333  sipping coffee and early morning discussions

#334  freedom

#335  leisure to rest and play

#336  late night talks

#337  a marriage that defied the odds

#338  for nourishment of the soul

#339  the beauty of the earth

#340  children's Christmas pageantry and the cutest sheep I ever did see

Ordinary moments turned holy ... by counting.

No comments: