"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Cup Overflowing, 521-540

Have you ever noticed how Jesus wondered at small, ordinary realities?  A grain of wheat, for example.  Lilies of the field and birds of the air.  Mustard seeds.  A child.  Should I not also take time to notice what is about me and let my surroundings speak to me of where God may be moving in my life?

#521  praying ... and certain God hears and will answer in His time

#522  a broken heart

#523  watching a red-shouldered hawk move from perch to perch in search of prey in my backyard

#524  sunshine after rain -- Show us the light of Your countenance, O God, and come to us  (Based on Psalm 67:1)

#525  celebrating 30 years with my oldest son

#526  a holy encounter with a stroke victim

#527  a small victory of learning to trust the silence when the words are not there

#528  broken hips and broken hearts

#529  cold and windy celebrations spent with ones I love


#530  a husband's catering

#531  a daughter and son-in-law safely home

#532  the retelling of God's faithfulness and a tender heart's response as evidenced by tears

#533 birthday face-time
#534  that God knows our names

#535  shy little Valentines
Can you spot the gift he left?
Here it is
#536  that resurrections follow crucifixions

#537  20 feet placed under my kitchen table and 10 Bibles laid open on it

#538  for the settling of my soul when I take the time to sit with Him

#539  the smell of soup cooking on the stove

#540  a little boy and his granddaddy ... sharing

Open my eyes to your presence, Lord, that I may see...

No comments: