"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, April 26, 2013

He Knows Your Name

The blood pooled large at her head.

Her breathing was labored.

The Red Cross volunteer placed her hand on the woman willing her to lay still.

I stayed with the baby.

"What's the woman's name?" I asked.

"I don't know," the sister-of-mercy responded.

She continued to breathe.  Loudly.  Laboriously.  So did we.

The paramedics arrived.  They rolled her out.

I bowed my head again and cried: "God, I don't even know her name to call it to You!"

"It's okay," I seemed to hear.  "I do." 


The Lord called me before my birth; 
from within the womb He called me by name.
Isaiah 49:1 (NLT)

[Not] Just an ordinary moment...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodnesss. This breaks my heart. I hope everyone is ok