"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Cup Overflowing, 541-560

The question was posed to me recently: How much time do you invest praising and thanking God, focusing on all the good gifts and blessings He has bestowed -- versus the time you spend grumbling and complaining, focusing on all that is wrong and not what you imagine it should be?

That will get you thinking...

Let's look for opportunities to be grateful and to show  or, rather, EXPRESS gratitude, leaving our grumbling to a minimum.  One way is by counting.

#541  favorite play areas
No water...

#542  seeing things, like elephants and monkeys, I would have otherwise missed


#543  pain that resurfaces again ... and again ... and again

#544  and learning to embrace it as mine

#545  love birds at my feeder
A pair of doves

#546  "Garden variety"

#547  Lime-a-ritas ... to good health and a long life

#548  "Here I Am, Lord" and a moment of presence at Bible study

#549  a portal that speaks of hiddenness

#550  a giving heart expressed through Laura Carroll

#551  my sweet, sweet friend who calls when I am sick and literally blows the breath of God's healing Spirit on me

#552  my heated "throw" (small blanket) on an early chilly morning

#553  grace ... again and again and again

#554  a last minute "breath" before morning worship service


#555  Sunday morning sacredness

#556  calls from my daddy to just check up on me

#557  the hiddenness of God

#558  the paradox of adoration -- silence seems best, but if I don't cry out, the rocks themselves will

#559  the season's first pair of bluebirds seeking a home

#560  the anticipation of what's inside

Stay alert, with your eyes wide open to gratitude!  Colossians 4:2 (The Message)

No comments: