"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Cup Overflowing, 61-80

In The Life of the Beloved, Henri Nouwen writes, “Gratitude is the most fruitful way of deepening your consciousness that you are a divine choice.”  Could it be that God really, REALLY loves me … and you, and therefore chooses us, and that all this gift-giving is just a result of His passionate pursuit of us?  How will you respond to His pursuit? 

#61  personal temperaments -- they allow me to practice self-control

#62  hard seasons -- for they mold and make me

#63  a good, old-fashioned afternoon nap on the porch

#64  castaway bottles that now color my world -- when I awoke these caught my attention and the sight brought me joy.  It was gift in simple form.


#65  love the 2nd time around – Her birth certificate says 70.  Her heart says 16.

#66  sweaty hugs

#67  answered prayer

#68  identical twin brothers singing in the park



#69  dreams that bring loved ones in faraway places near

#70  a long distanced phone call and a warm familiar voice

#71  patterns of approaching rain on a hot summer day -- as a new bride, my husband taught me how to see falling rain.  I never want to stop looking...


#72  a season of Sunday morning rests

#73  Camp GG 2012 – That stands for Camp Geezer and G-Nan, and I could have written a thousand gifts on this one alone as our grandson came to spend the week with us.  Nothing brings greater joy...

#74  Priceless art
One for Mommy

And one for daddy
#75  numerous facial expressions that absolutely melt this heart of mine

He loves to "swim"

He loves to eat -- especially frozen yogurt with Geezer

He loves bath time and bubbles

#76  saying goodbye to the dead who now live -- a neighbor across the street while I was growing up and 2 days later, a cousin.

#77  Scotland – One of my sons spent 2 weeks there ministering to young boys at a camp.  To read the miracles taking place gave "Holy Ghost" bumps to this mother.

#78  weariness at night -- for it means I have lived the day

#79  moments with the elder son – I love it when he calls and says, "Hey, watcha doin'?"



#80  memories of Camp GG -- sigh


Just an ordinary moment filled with gratitude...

No comments: