"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Cup Overflowing, 941-960

"The man who forgets to be thankful 
has fallen asleep in life." 
Robert Louis Stevenson

#941  a caring and kind nurse-practitioner: Julie Conway

#942  homemade applesauce made just for me by my #1 girl

#943  Debra Willis and the way she is always so thoughtful in the small stuff -- which really isn't small at all

#944  the sun bearing down on my face on a cool November afternoon

#945  a skittish squirrel with a large acorn in his mouth

#946  that Jesus welcomes sinners (Luke 15)

#947  my pastor Don Caulley calling to pray 

#948  both a husband and a friend driving me to get haircuts

#949  a surrogate daughter cleaning my house for me

#950  for Hope, Ruby and Tara -- pre-op angels

#951  a day slap-filled with gifts from my Father

#952  warm milk and honey ... at midnight

#953  silence

#954  a restful night

#955  that I can actually FEEL the prayers of the saints

#956  for all that God is teaching me about the Body of Christ

#957  for the skill of a surgeon's hands
Prepped and ready to go
#958  a prayer list -- and each request ultimately answered

#959  a daughter's care and joy

#960  and Adrianne -- the best little nursemaid God could have sent
Entertaining those in the waiting room, I'm sure,
with a shameless selfie on MY phone
Wake up! Laugh! And count...

No comments: