"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, July 18, 2014

A Cup Overflowing, 881-900

It has been months since I've posted my gratitude list. But I'm still counting. These particular numberings go all the way back to September of 2013. But in order to stay faithful to the task of counting to 1000 -- and recording them -- I list them now.

#881 early morning propped up in bed with a cup of coffee in my hand and the first sounds of the day awakening outside my window

#882  that God directs us in our praying

#883  a little boy re-united with his Fred (Yes, Fred was misplaced in Wal-Mart. How could we have ever had another nap time? But after much searching and a lot of prayer, we found him tucked safely on an end shelf. Whew!)


#884 the sound of geese on an early Friday morning

#885  long conversations with my middle child while the rest of the house sleeps ... and the way God gifts him with wisdom


#886  "at home" in Bible study once again with 29 wonderful women

#887  Jude's first boat ride




#888  a tinge of fall in the air that allows me to open the window to early morning


#889  bedtime and a new book: David and Goliath!

#890  quality time spent with my best girl

#891  finding a "broom fairy" had come and gone (undercover), leaving my front porch clear of cobwebs


#892  a hand on the back

#893  a new screened door

#894  a shade opened

#895  a Tinker Bell piano student

#896  first cotton of the season

#897  my husband next to me in church

#898  a steeple-dotted horizon

#899  morning quiet places

#900  an evening walk ... and a host of ducks

Just ordinary moments turned holy because the heart noticed ...


No comments: