"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Cup Overflowing, 921-940

When I look back over my life's journey, I can now see that things I once thought hindrances were actually gifts. Those things and situations (people included) which I thought inhibited my growth often turned out to be avenues to press me in closer. Is there any recourse other than thanksgiving?

#921  a cool night ride on the Agri-Lift with my man

#922  clouds ... and their amazing pattern and beauty

#923  that God is expressed through the whole realm of nature as witnessed at the Chattahoochee Nature Center in Atlanta -- including a bald eagle circling overhead



#924  hayride with my favorite little man
Burt's Pumpkin Farm
#925  apple season and a trip to Merciers

#926  the way little boys love trains 

#927  learning to live "slow"
Blue Ridge, GA
#928  162 years of friendship
Jeannie, Cathy (mother of the bride), me
#929  bed linens fresh from the dryer

#930  a long-awaited phone call

#931  cutest little Spiderman this side of Comic Con

#932  a cross in a doctor's office window that says, "I've gone before you."

#933  a husband by my side

#934  warm water and a good soak

#935  the journey and the gift of pain

#936  cookies left at the door that lets me know someone is thinking of me ... and cares -- this someone being Mary Ann Weik

#937  a groom's face when he kisses his bride for the first time ... sweeter than honey

#938  grace to make it through

#939  accompanying my brother Thomas singing The Lord's Prayer

#940  leg massages

Pure grace....


No comments: