Of course, I just had to laugh at myself and chalk up another one for looking foolish to those about me. Or rather SOUNDING foolish.
But isn't that what the Word says we sojourners are going to look like to the world. Spectacles? Fools? However, I don't think it's talking about singing or praying out loud on the treadmill. I think it's saying that God's way of thinking and doing is not the world's way. Like
- loving your enemies
- praying for those who persecute you
- giving up your life in order to save it
- being last in order to be first
- forgiving someone who doesn't ask for forgiveness
- being kind to someone who doesn't deserve it
Just try doing one of those things and I can promise, you will look foolish to the world. But here's the upswing, you will be mighty wise in the eyes of the Lord.
Oh, you can also just pop in your earbuds, crank up the music and sing your little heart out. It worked for me.
So what's your fool quotient?
Just an ordinary moment...