"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Cup Overflowing, 601-620

May I quote Ann Voskamp again?  "Thanks makes NOW a sanctuary.  And I take my vows: I will not desecrate this moment with ignorant hurry or sordid ingratitude.  I will be Jacob, and I will name this moment the 'house of God' (Genesis 28:19)."

Sordid ingratitude.  That has the ring of Eve in the garden, does it not?  She wasn't satisfied with what she had and wanted more.  So why don't we just throw a little gratitude in the face of that hissing enemy of old.

#601  "Make way for the King of Glory!" -- children's choir at Perry Presbyterian



#602  waiting rooms

#603  a thousand bees at work

#604  colors of spring -- a red bud in bloom


#605  an Easter agate .. and an empty tomb

#606  that God is the great Promise Keeper -- and because He lives, I, too, shall live.  Alleluia!

#607  Spring's first lizard ... sunbathing

#608  discipline
Time out

#609  mourning doves perched high above me in the pine

#610  cool mornings and open windows

#611  wisteria in full bloom

#612  that Jesus comes to us

#613  large pastors and tiny communicants

#614  Debra Willis -- the Lord just blesses my socks off through this child of His

#615  Bible study and lives changed

#616  holy walks and sacred encounters

#617  that God's mercy knows no bounds  -- because I'm in need of it ... again

#618  Beth Hannah -- House of Grace

#619  opportunities given ... and taken that allow neighbors to pray

#620  a holy Meal shared on the deck with 8 lovely ladies ... re-membering

Gratitude....

No comments: