"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, February 1, 2013

A Cup Overflowing, 441-460

A number of years ago, we attended a church where, after the Scripture reading, the pastor would say, "The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the Word of God abides forever," at which point we, the congregants, would respond, "Thanks be to God."  Our daughter, who was only 10 at the time, joined in, but it wasn't until some time later that I realized what she was saying.  Instead of proclaiming, "Thanks be to God," she was calling out, "Thanks, big God!"

And so I do...

#441  for the mystery of prayer and of praying

#442  big brown eyes batted up at me

#443  the stillness of a moonless night

#444  waving until he's out of sight

#445  grace to sleep in

#446  grace to wake and count gifts

#447  sirens that break the Sabbath's silence

#448  resources that help me pray what I would not know how to pray otherwise -- I have been using Stormie Omartian's books and others like them for years.  Dates recorded inside span 15 years.  So grateful for this woman's gifting.


#449  the great hymns of faith

#450  a January sunrise and a prayer to accompany it -- Almighty God, whose Son our Savior Jesus Christ is the light of the world, grant that Your people may shine with the radiance of Christ's glory, that He may be known, worshiped  and obeyed to the ends of the earth.


#451  the sounds of a world waking up

#452  children's Christmas pageantry -- as told by kids at St. Paul's Church in New Zealand -- if you're interested, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zduwusyip8M

#453  that God gave me a love for early morning

#454  for the way He speaks to me there

#455  the way God places just the right resource in my hand ... at just the right time

#456  the gift of hope -- for without it, there would be no faith

#457  for the miracle of existence

#458  a God who sings over me in the darkness

#459  a young girl in Uganda whose life challenges me to live more awake to those around me

#460  seasons of loneliness

Thanks, big God!


No comments: