"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, November 5, 2012

A Cup Overflowing, 241-260

With this being November -- and the month of Thanksgiving, want you join me in adopting a season of "thanks living"?  Begin by counting...
 
#241  that apart from Christ, there is no joy
 
#242  at God's right hand are pleasures forevermore ... and in His presence is fullness of joy
 
#243  turning a knob and having instant water rush out ... and plenty of it, too -- how often I take that for granted
 
#244  reality checks that remind me of my place in life
 
#245  dancing with Lynn
 
#246  fair friends (and food)
 
#247  sitting around the table with my son and his wife enjoying family
 
#248  young talent
 
#249  disappointment ... it allows me to practice grace
 
#250  God's loving providence in my past
 
#251  His constant protecting love in my present
 
#252  pink mornings
 
#253  the rich warmth of a friend's voice on the phone
 
#254  the season's last hydrangea
 
#255  choir rehearsal ... and community
 
#256  cakes and a mother who taught me to bake
 
#257  content with the quiet
 
#258  that every day God says "Do it again!" and the sun rises in the east
 
#259  experiencing God's love afresh through the writings of St. Therese of Lisieux
 
#260  holding hands

Happy Thanksliving...
 

No comments: