"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, March 1, 2013

Tucked Away in the Father's Bosom

I had the holy privilege several weeks ago of standing with a dear friend while two ladies prayed for her and her child.  My job was just more spectator and agreement than anything else.  Of course, one's own prayer life expands when hearing others pray; and this particular morning was no exception.

It was really just one sentence that struck me so profoundly: "May this mother know that all the prayers she has ever prayed for this child, the prayers that have not yet been answered, are tucked away in the bosom of the Father."

WOW!  Take comfort in that, dear believer!  That all those unanswered prayers you and I have  ever prayed for our children, our grandchildren, our spouse, our parents and siblings, friends and relatives ... they are gently tucked away and stored in the bosom of our loving and kind heavenly Father -- hidden until the time is ripe for Him to answer.  That's mighty wonderful imagery, if you ask me.

I guess the only appropriate thing we need to be asking ourselves is, "Am I praying?"   

Just an ordinary moment...



No comments: