"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Cup Overflowing, 181-200

As I continue counting, I'm amazed at the things which come up in my readings which speak of gratitude.  Not the least is Twitter.  Just last week, Graham Cooke tweeted this: "When we stop crying out to Him in hopelessness and begin approaching Him with thankfulness, we discover God's true power."  Yes, indeed.  Counting has less to do with numbers and everything to do with God.
 
#181  the 23rd Psalm taught with passion and heard afresh
 
#182  talking things of the heart with a friend
 
#183  a letter and drawing from Amelia, my little Compassion child
 
#184  the way the cardinal changes color with the seasons – from summer red to autumn orange
 
#185  to be so moved by reading of the life of Martin Luther that tears full upon the page
 
#186  to sit in the presence of virtuosos
 
#187  the healing power of music
 
#188  riding around town with my Daddy and just listeningamong other things, he showed me where the German POW camp was during WWII … and where he used to shoot squirrels as a boy
 
#189  the way a votive candle brings an unexpected smile because it bears toddler teeth marks
 
#190  one tablespoon of International Delight Almond Joy creamer in my coffee – You see, to limit myself to just one tablespoon presses me toward knowing God.  Jesus Himself said, “If anyone is to follow Me, he must deny himself.”  You think I’m kidding?  Sometimes it’s the little things, folks.
 
#191  that a God who is so worthy of praise from the heavens, the angels, the sun and moon and all the starry light … would draw near to ME – Psalm 148
 
#192  a phone call that says, “I just wanted you to know I’ve been thinking about you – and that I love you.”
 
#193  that God is NOT my buddy with whom I can walk hand in hand – but my KING in whose hand I can place mine
 
#194  zipper spiders with whom I share space
 
#195  tea parties
 
#196  the realization that God doesn’t want to change my circumstances as much as He wants to change me
 
#197  the flavors of rural Georgia -- Yes, my husband and I took an impromptu Saturday road trip to McIntyre, GA
 
#198  a new prayer for my children – Psalm 112
 
#199  bedtime Bible stories, a thumb, two Murphys and a Fred -- it doens't get any better than that
 
#200  an unexpected “thinking of you” email that brings life
 
My cup continues to overflow with just ordinary moments...
 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love that your compassion child's name is Amelia. It's fitting. :)