"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Cup Overflowing, 121-140

This thankfulness thing is starting to really take root in me: the sights, sounds, smells, touches, and even tastes.  Up until now, I’ve never known so much sacredness in the world around me.  God truly speaks through such ordinary things.  How odd, because, really, nothing’s changed … except my recognition of it. 

#121  a deeply knitted friendship – Cathy Cawthon Farabaugh … our lives were sewn together as infants by means of our earthly parents.  Now, our heavenly Father uses His Thread.  So grateful for both.   A cord of three is not easily broken, my friend: you, me, Him …

#122  a sow and her 5 shoats

#123  acres of rolling hills teeming with Holstein dairy cows – I've always loved cows.  Maybe it's because my granddaddy had a dairy farm.  Or maybe it's because they speak "serenity"...

#124  a relief station in the middle of nowhere – 2 cups of tea, a cup of coffee, 16 oz. of water and a 2+ hour road trip … need I say more?  Thank You, Jesus. 

 #125  “Home” – if the Lord can speak to my daughter-in-love through a Bob Marley song, I feel sure He can use American Idol winner Phillip Phillip’s Home to speak to my heart.  And one Sunday morning, He did just that.

Hold on to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

Settle down, it’ll all be clear
Don’t pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

#126  Charlie Brown preludes – after a lively and syncopated rendition of Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee, a parishioner told me it reminded her of Charlie Brown!  I do hope she meant Schroeder…

#127  a Sunday afternoon drive and a Mennonite farmer’s labor -- surely he was "resting" now, too. 

#128  a “Sundae” afternoon spent with friends where all roads lead to Dairy Queen – a true Sabbath

#129  a torrential downpour and a knight in shining armor named Frank

#130  green after a rain

#131  experiencing prayer through art –I’m learning to see with my eyes and listen with my heart

#132  priceless gifts that keep on giving – my oldest son and his wife gave this Dollar Store tissue box to me as a joke.  I use it and it brings me such joy…

#133  learning gracious waiting – “grace” and “waiting” are conflicting terms for me …

#134  for cool springs in the wilderness

#135  the first hint of morning that shows up in the sky

#136  a child’s wonder at the aquarium – I didn’t even see the fish … I was having too much enjoyment watching a certain little man.

#137  the way the world stops when met with glory – As we entered the tunnel at the aquarium, not only children, but even more so the adults stopped and exclaimed with wonder and awe as the great white shark and manta ray passed over.  Do they even know the point of their wonder?

#138  back pain and what it teaches me about the body – we’re all connected

#139  prayerfulness vs. praying

#140  a Saturday morning rest spent sitting on the floor with a 17 month old

My cup overflows with mercies that never cease.

Just an ordinary moment...
 

No comments: