"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Welcome"

Ladies' Bible study began a couple of weeks ago, and to bring to the table, so to speak, my own private practice of lighting a candle, I place a single candle on each of the tables every week to signify "this time is different." It's sacred. And for some reason, as I've begun each session, I've reminded the women that we do not invite God to join us, He invites us into His presence. It is He who initiates this whole thing, and we're there at His beckoning.

So can you imagine my delight and shock, after having prepared the room and tables the night before, walking in this morning to an empty building and finding this?
Yes, all the candles were lit!

And in the deep place of my heart, I heard one word. "Welcome."

Just an ordinary moment...

1 comment:

Martie said...

As I had my moment of worship this morning I sensed the "Presence" of God in a very keen manner as well. Your blog made me smile because it is just like our Father to remind us that we are Welcome in His presence. And that we enter into His presence and not the other way around. Thank you for putting it into words in such a beautiful way. You are a blessing to many people including me.