"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, January 22, 2010

Ministry Out of the Box

I received a phone call last week from my son-in-law's mother. She has just completed her training as a massage therapist, and while waiting on her license to arrive, she wanted to know if she could give the ladies in my morning Bible study massages to help keep up her skills. No doubt I was all over it. So I sent out a mass email to those who had signed up thus far offering this "day at the spa" -- or at least a free 1-hour massage. And one by one, for two days, women have been gracing my doorsteps donned in their warm-ups and sweats, and most with no makeup, to be pampered, indulged, and touched. And you know what? I've been the one blessed -- both by their presence and by their healing.

Sometimes ... ministry just plain surprises me.

Just an ordinary moment.

No comments: