"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Christmas Postlude

While still wearing my new lavender fleece pajamas Mom and Dad gave me last night, I poured myself a cup of coffee this morning, turned on the Christmas tree lights and nestled into my favorite recliner to read the last entry in my Advent/Christmas devotional booklet. This is what I found.

"And she wore the flannel bathrobe to church the very first Sunday after Christmas,
Because it was the prettiest thing she had ever seen, and the Lord deserved the best.
And because it was 1933, and she didn't have a bathroom."

Now I'm not sure I can wear my flannel pj's to church this morning, but I can take a moment and be thankful.

O God, You gave your very best. May we offer no less.

Just an ordinary moment...



Quote from Will Campbell's Brother to a Dragonfly.

No comments: