"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

How Great Is Our God


About 4:15, I turned on the radio and the emergency broadcast system was delivering a tornado WARNING to the listeners. My ears perked up immediately when I heard there was a twister spotted in Henderson moving in a northeasterly direction. I knew that meant it was headed for Perry. I let the dogs in the house, grabbed my keys, and headed out the door to the safety of my brother's basement on the other side of town -- picking up my daughter on the way. Several other family members and friends had gathered, but instead of going downstairs, I took my place on the front with my brother and dad, and we watched. I have never experienced more awesome cloud formations in my life. The picture is actually one I took with my camera phone. The difference in the light and dark was incredible as the clouds boiled and churned over us. Chip was rebuking them -- commanding them to stay high (of which I was most grateful), but I couldn't help but worship. God is so awesome in might and magnificent in power. He is indeed worthy of our praise.


I'm glad I chose to remain upstairs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracegirl,
I too am inspired by the awesomeness of God. I was in Jasper county in a similar situation a little earlier that day. The sky was yellow, and then it turned a dark black. I sat there and marveled at the mysterious sky. I told the head of the logging crew that a tornado was coming. He said good, let it hit us. He kept working, oblivious to what was happening around us. As I left to take shelter under th e bridge at highway 83, lightning was striking all around. You could feel the power of the storm. GOD is very powerful and majestic, and I love Him.

Anonymous said...

You did not take the dogs with you???Patti