"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Morning Psalm of Lament: Madder Than a Hare in March

I'm mad.
Just pure, stinking mad.
Not the crazy kind of mad.
But the angry kind of mad.

What has brought me to this place?
What has flipped the switch to make me
          Throw the bed covers
          Be careless about doors
          Cry?

Could it be the constant schedule I face
          The pressures of life I combat
          The rejections I contend
          The disappointments I confront?

Or have I just given in 
          To self-pity
          To envy
          To ingratitude?

What is the answer to this foolishness?

I sit in silence ... and wait.

Expectating.
Listening.

Rather, He sends a rabbit
          Vulnerable
          Watchful
          Hungry

Encouraging me to lay down this madness
          To retreat within
          To align myself again with the holy
          To reflect on majesty.

I bow to the Beloved
          Source of All Life
          Breath of the Merciful
          Silent Speaker
          
A dove perches above me in the pine.
          Peace.


Just an ordinary moment....
          

No comments: