"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, May 7, 2011

An Ordinary Moment Kind of Day

When I got up Thursday morning, I asked the Lord for an "ordinary moment" about which to write that day. At one point, I actually thought it might occur when the state patrolman bore down on my tail on the interstate between Atlanta and Forsyth. Thankfully, he was just getting a close-up view of the car next to me as moments later his blue lights went on (and my heart slowed down a pace) when he pulled the other fellow over.

Oh, but I had my holy moments indeed.

I got me lots of sugar.


I danced to Hillsong United.


I sang old familiar hymns.


I rocked... and rocked... and rocked...
Yes, some days are just ordinary moments made holy through and through.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy your posts! I just bet you are a terrific grandmother.

Kay

Julie Sheehan said...

So sweet. I got to hold him last 2 weeks ago!

Joey said...

Oh, yes!

Keena said...

I'm so glad that you did not get pulled over. Thanks for visiting with me today via the blog