"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Angels Unaware?

So, it happened like this. I awoke Friday morning with an anticipation of the day ahead. After all, I had planned it for months: a trip to Atlanta with the destination being Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity" conference on Saturday. I opened my Scripture tea, and as I've grown accustom, anticipated the Word for the day. It simply read, "For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. Psalm 91:11." I couldn't resist wondering how that might play out during the day.

It was an event-filled 27 hours to say the least with the first being a near "mishap" on the interstate. I was attempting to pass an 18-wheeler on my right when the car on my left decided to enter my lane leaving me with no escape. Think Psalm 91:11.

The ladies with me and I checked into our hotel, grabbed some supper, and headed for coffee and dessert at The Daily Grind where my son works.
A quick shot during his break

As we readied to leave, I switched the ignition. Nothing. I tried again. Even less of nothing. Thank goodness, my husband had signed us up for AAA a couple of months ago, and they were about to get their first phone call from us.

It was a congenial 2-hour wait even though no one had thought to bring cards or a board game. We laughed a lot and my daughter continued to amaze us with all the wealth of information she had gleaned from the morning paper. And we got a huge kick out of the fact that when I pressed the horn on the steering wheel, there was no sound, but the light on my phone lit up.
Marynan and Adrianne made the most of it all by folding down the back seat and making a bed.

At precisely 12 midnight and just as the first raindrops began to fall, the much awaited tow truck pulled up into the deserted parking lot. The attendant wore a cap pulled down on his head, but even as "frumpy" as he was, I made mention to the girls what a sweet face he had. As is often the case, I took a few pictures to "capture the moment." The driver of the truck even struck a muscle pose for me.

Yep, that's the tow truck driver in both shots. I'll leave you to your own conclusion as to why he only showed up as light.

Just an ordinary moment...

3 comments:

Dee said...

Hey. What a weekend you had. I wonder if you did entertain an angel unaware. I'm sorry that things went nuts for you. Did you make it to the simulcast? I didn't. I had looked forward to it for months, but the weather caused us to not make the 60 mile trip. My daughter and I had planned to attend and then do some wedding shopping, BUT!I loved your pictures.
Have a great day.
Deidra

Armywife said...

Hi, I found your blog while browsing and I would love to follw it if that's okay with you. Your posts are fresh and joyful and frankly we all need a bit more of that in our lives! Anyway, I hope its ok if I follow you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks mom,, amazing day you have! but really I cant read this post till the end,,, I must on bed now.