"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, December 5, 2008

And A Good Time Was Had By All

One thing's for sure: I've always loved the body of Christ. And nothing rings truer than with the body known as Grace Church -- especially the women. We had our annual Christmas Brawl, uh, Ornament Swap, this week, and so I thought I'd share some of the joy with my blogging family. Certainly not all the women could make it, but those who did certainly had a good time.

Thank you, Paula Middlebrooks, for hostessing such a wonderful time in your beautiful home! What a special Christmas gift you gave us.

Kathy, Paula, Marcilla and Bonnie behaving -- for the moment.


Jeannine, Martha, Nicola and Linda "channeling."



First things first.


Time to play! "Who's got #1?"


Do NOT let these girls (Jessica and Tesa) fool you with their sweet demeanor and pose.


Like I said...



Linda makes her move, and boy, is it a swift one. Faye never saw it coming.




Faye learned from the best and makes her move on Marcilla with Judy and Mikara cheering her on.


So, I stole the baby Jesus -- but Betty got another one!

Linda REALLY wanted that "Grace" ornament -- so did my mom. (And Mrs. Linda and Kathy were no help at all!)


Linda says, "I really like this." Kathy responds, "No you don't."

"You're right. I'll take Nicola's instead."

Pouting last only a for a moment. Joy comes when it's your turn to steal.



I'm telling you, they are NOT behaving!

Jane thought the snowman was safe with her. Wrong.

And Vickie was not happy with Tesa's choice of ornament either!

There's no honor among thieves!

"How dare you!"

Vickie poses for the camera because she saw the last picture I took of her!

Friends again!

What an absolutely wonderful group of ladies!

1 comment:

He gave me running said...

thanks for posting those! i wasn't able to make it but thanks to the pics and caption notes I atleast got a glimpse.