"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Cup Overflowing, 981-1000

Today's blog marks a sacred moment as the whole idea of counting, based upon Ann Voskamp's challenge in her bestseller, One Thousand Gifts, was to reach 1000. As you will see, I made my goal. It was a solemn juncture on December 15, 2013 as I carefully wrote "1000" in my journal. I waited to pen anything on the line because I wanted what came next to sum it all up. It had to be special. It had to capture my life. .... And, what I thought would be the most difficult journal entry to date, was actually the easiest thing I have ever written.

#981  favorite books and getting to read them over and over and over again

#982  a daughter-in-love's offer to help get a Christmas tree

#983  a first duet with my grandson

#984  the beginning of Advent -- and the anticipation that precedes it

#985  a grandmother's first drawing by her first grandchild

#986  Advent prayer

#987  for my comfy recliner that has become a sanctuary (post surgery)

#988  a daughter-in-love who gives up a Saturday to help me decorate for Christmas

#989  White Santa Christmas ice cream

#990  a huddle of praying "Tigers"

#991  running into my dearest friend Vicki at Barnes and Noble on a Sunday afternoon ... such "a happy place" for us both

#992  Christmas candles that speak of the Light of the World

#993  staying in my pajamas until noon ... and not feeling guilty about it

#994  a UPS order waiting for me at the door first thing -- and the books within

#995  a cat crouched in wait

#996  bare trees and exposed nests

#997  fruit from Mrs. Ann ... Mrs. Ann Smith was the pianist at the Presbyterian Church for decades. Now blind, she sits on the 5th row and blesses this pianist with her encouragement in the form of fresh oranges and grapefruits 

#998  a Chick-fil-a peppermint chocolate-chip milkshake and my husband who made it happen    

#999  the peace and presence of Christ on this 3rd Sunday in Advent

#1000  GOD'S GRACE ... Yes, I swim in it


No comments: