"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, July 18, 2014

Is It a God Story?

I was at a retirement dinner recently for my husband, and as I began telling some of the ladies about our journey, one of them excitedly asked, "Is it a God story?" Indeed it is, and I told her so. A little while later, the same words resurfaced, and before the evening was done, they were spoken a third time: "It's a God story!" And honestly, each time the words were uttered, the same was true. It was truly a "God story," meaning that circumstances and situations had happened that only could be explained as God's intervening and orchestration. I knew what the woman meant and I agreed with her wholeheartedly. But since, I've been thinking: why do we limit a "God story" to just the phenomenal? To just extraordinary works and circumstances? To only those things we cannot explain?

If Paul's word to the Colossians is true, and it is, then Christ is ALL and in ALL. Speaking of Christ, Paul wrote that ALL things have been created through Him and for Him, and in Him ALL things hold together. Therefore, don't ALL things have the stamp of God on them? Is there not a Christ-touch and purpose in ALL things? In ALL facets of life? If so, shouldn't that warrant it being called a "God story"? Even those things we deem as little and insignificant?

I think it does.

Did you live and move and "be" today? Then what's YOUR God story?

Just an ordinary moment...


No comments: