"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Cup Overflowing, 721-740

You know what I'm figuring out?  That there's a definite correlation between my thanksgiving and my attitude.  And evidence points to the need to pick up my pen and count more often.

#721  "The Way" by E. Stanley Jones -- I picked this little treasure up for 25 cents and what a blessing!

#722  peace ... as of a weaned child with this mother

#723  six nursing home residents "sunning" on the front porch

#724  rain streaks cascading in the distant sky

#725  the deafening sound of rain pounding the car

#726  streets lines with blooming confederate jasmine ... oh, the fragrance

#727  quaint seating and anniversary dinner at The Pink House in Savannah

#728  afternoon coffee among eclectic decor -- Coffee Fox

#729  what fountains are made for ... little children's energy

#730  church bells in the city

#731  the way evening shadows fall


#732  a mother's face watching her son pitch in the major league for the first time

#733  that ALL things came into being through Christ (John 1:3) -- and that includes ME!

#734  two lizards ... mating on my deck -- birds do it, bees do it, even little reptiles do it

#735  a fawn in the backyard

#736  a good night's sleep

#737  the end of the storm

#738  a 2-year-old cuddled in my lap and my reading the same story "again" and "again" and "again" ...

#739  a Sunday morning blessing

#740  for this journal of 1,000 gifts -- God's love-letter to me

Yes, that helps immensely.  Attitude adjusted...

No comments: