"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Cup Overflowing, 201-220

Yes, I'm still counting ... and I'm still keeping a journal of my gifts -- it's just I can't always find time to get here and post.  So, in keeping with my grouping, here are my next 20.

#201  recognizing that the heart of Jesus in the NT is not so much signs and wonders but deep compassion

#202  a morning train waiting for its conductor

#203  the conductor's arrival -- Lord, have mercy, there's nothing sweeter and happier than this precious thing when he gets up in the morning!

#204  tiny acorns at the end of a slide that fit in a tiny hand

#205  playing tag with an 18 month old

#206  a good nap at the end of a hard play

#207  tickle ... tickle ... tickle...
 

#208  the lump that rises in my throat because I miss someone so much

#209  blue on a butterfly

#210  the emotion that rises in me when I see a grandmother and her grandsons

#211  acres and acres of sunflowers -- in full bloom

#212  gardens of gold

#213  wildlife up close and personal


#214  open windows and the tug-of-war of seasons 

#215  sitting in a cool September dark with a hot cup of green tea warming my heart

#216  that God cares about rings and things -- I discovered a beautiful tanzanite and diamond ring on the edge of the sidewalk in Pine Mountain.  Through a series of events, I connected with the owner who was from another state but was spending the weekend in a cabin praying with friends for a girlfriend with health issues.  God cares...

#217  5 new piano students and their differing personalities -- all precious
 
#218  16 feet under my table enjoying food and fellowship
 
#219  Sunday morning headache that insures I rely fully on Christ to work through me ... PLAY through me
 
#220  an hour long phone conversation on a fall evening with CCF (my BFF)

Just ordinary moments...

No comments: