"What He ordains for us each moment is what is most holy, best, and most divine for us." Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Cup Overflowing, 44-60

I recently heard singer/songwrite Shaun Groves say, "Stopping to say thank you is one of the most powerful prayers we can pray."  So will you pause a moment and pray with me as I continue with my list of 1000 gifts?  And in the meantime, maybe you can find reason to pray your own words of graitude as well.

#44 His voice spoken through a friend – After writing my first “cup overflowing” blog last week, I thought, “That is so stupid.  Who wants to hear or read that?”; and my intention was to ‘delete’ the entire thing. But before I could make it back to my computer, my sweet friend Julie Sheehan sent me a most encouraging note.  Thanks, Julie. I love you...

#45  an early-bird special – 4 female cardinals having breakfast on the feeder just outside my window...

#46  the most darling 16-month old this grandmother has ever laid her eyes upon


#47  that Jesus looks upon me favorably – not because I’m righteous, but because I know I’m a sinner in need (Matthew 9:9-13)...

#48  two of the funniest young women I know -- they bring so much joy to this mother ...

#49  a facial -- Yes! (finally cashing in on that Valentine’s GIFT)

#50  a spontaneous overnight road trip with my man


#51  tasting fresh jam at the farmer’s market -- it made my tastebuds sing (I bought 5 jars to bring home so I could prolong the song!) ...

#52  swinging on the beach and watching the children play

#53  reading about new wine in fresh wineskins to the tune of flowing water


#54  having breakfast with a little chipmunk -- Yes, sometimes I feel God just goes out of His way to give grace and glory.  For my entire breakfast, this little fellow played and scavaged right outside the window where I was sitting.  Only a pane of glass separated us...

#55  feeling the mighty force of wind from a hawk in flight -- the raptor exhibition and show at Callaway Gardens was thrilling! 

#56  my husband’s humor – I'm always finding my magnetic wall calendar set to his birthday; makes me laugh every time ...

#57  to serve in a place that raises Godly children who grow up to serve the Lord in full time ministry  -- may the Lord bless you, Annie Hall...

#58  painful memories – they have a way of keeping me on the path God would have for me right now, and that's a good thing ...

#59  dinner with Carol -- the most soft-spoken and kind missiles launch operator I've ever known.  Actually, she's the ONLY missiles launch operator I've ever known...

#60  morning gerbers that remind me to turn my face toward the rising Son


My cup continues to overflows.  Thank You, Lord.  Amen.

Just an ordinary moment...

No comments: